– Melbourne Airport: main airport with the international flights
– Avalon Airport : 55km from Mebourne, budget airlines use the airport
– Essendon Airport: 10km away, domestic corporate aircrafts, aircraft charter
– Moorabbin Airport: busy airport for light aircraft
Melbourne Airport is the main airport and is 23 km from the city center. It has many domestic traffic and international flights to Asia, Africa, Europe and North-America.
Melbourne Airport has 4 terminals and 56 gates. Terminal 2 (T2) is for international flights. The other terminals are for domestic flights.
– Terminal 1: Home to domestic services for Qantas and Jetstar
– Terminal 2: International flights
– Terminal 3: Home to Virgin Blue and Regional Express
– Terminal 4: Home of Tiger Airways
Melbourne Airport transportation
There is no train service from the city centre to the airport. The main transportation to the airport is the express bus. The express buses operate 24/7 including all public holidays. Buses run every 10 minutes in the day. Tickets are sold at the bus stop. Fare for an adult is AUD16 one way – return ticket is AUD 26. A taxi to the city is AUD 80.
Avalon Airport is an airport in Victoria with budget flights. It’s located 55 km from the Melbourne Central Business District. To Geelong’s CBD is about 20 km.
Avalon Airport flights
– Sydney and Brisbane (Jetstar)
– Adelaide and Portland (Sharp Airlines)
– Gold Coast, Rockhampton, Perth, Sydney, Mackay, Alice Springs (Tiger Airways)
Direct shuttle buses operates between Avalon and the coach terminal at Melbourne’s Southern Cross Station. A taxi rank is outside Avalon’s Airport terminal. There are bus services to Geelong and the Bellarine Peninsula.